NexStorm is a Microsoft Windows lightning detection software for the Boltek Corporation line of single point long range lightning detection systems.
|NexStorm main window user interface|
Seamlessly combined advanced data analysis and Internet publishing features makes NexStorm the most versatile software package for low cost lightning detection applications.
Accurate thunderstorm locating with lightning cluster detection and tracking, extensive analysis capabilities, data exporting capabilities and a professionally designed user interface makes our software the number one choice for most lightning detection enthusiasts and organizations around the world.
|Partial screenshot of NexStorm in action|
For dynamic and near real-time lightning data presentation on the Internet, NexStorm alongside its companion software StormVue V3 is, simply put, an unbeatable combination.
⚡ System requirements and features ⚡
- NexStorm is supported on Windows 8 and 10, 32 or 64 bit, any Intel or AMD x86-x64 CPU, 4 GB RAM and sufficient disk space for storing archive data. For best performance we recommend Windows 10 Home/Pro/Enterprise, 32 or 64 bit. Windows Server editions are not officially supported.
- Supports the full line of Boltek long range detectors, including StormTracker PCI, LD-250 and LD-350
- Optimized CPU and memory usage will yield snappy performance even during the most intense thunderstorms
- Continuous data archiving for later replay, analysis and calibration
- Use any BMP or JPEG image as your background map
- For optimal presentation of lightning data, purchase the affordable Composite Vector Map which is customized for your location
- Antenna alignment correction, plus or minus 90° angular offset with one degree azimuthal resolution. Also includes X-Y swap for complete 180° reversal. The Boltek antenna can be mounted pointing in any direction and compensated for in NexStorm settings
- Three independent ranging calibration methods gives full control over the storm distance ranging calibration process
⚡ Analysis features ⚡
- TRAC (Thunderstorm Ranging and ACquisition) - Advanced function for for ranging and tracking individual storm cells. Features color coded storm cell target markers on the map based on lightning intensity. High accuracy locating of individual storm cells as well as quick storm characteristics overview with the point-and-click TRAC pop-up dialog
|TRAC targets and thunderstorm characteristics pop-up dialog|
- A TRAC report dialog with detailed information about each storm cell that the software is currently tracking. NexStorm can be configured to export these reports as text files at regular intervals, and to automatically upload them to a website
|TRAC report dialog|
- Accurate classification of Cloud-Ground (CG) and Intra-cloud/Cloud-cloud (IC) lightning types and polarities for Boltek PCI and LD-350 detectors using signal processing algorithms based on latest research findings in the field of lightning physics science
- Accurate close storm distance ranging. Average storm location accuracy inside 30 km (18 mi) distance radius for a well calibrated system is less than ±5 km (±3.1 mi). This is possible thanks to the sophisticated Noise Ranging Assist feature which measures the natural noise produced by thunderstorms
- Color coded display of historic data. Strikes aged up to 300 minutes can be displayed on the map and color coded in seven different colors representing time of occurence
- Lightning Density Plot mode - See where your system is detecting the highest concentration of lightning activity on the map
|Lightning density plot in Replay mode shows concentration of lightning and storm motion over time|
- Optional Uncorrelated strikes filter will ignore sporadic strikes when plotting on the map, making the visualization much more understandable during intense lightning activity
- User selectable 15 minutes to 24 hours strike rate graph
- Display range up to 1200 kilometers (750 miles) radius. Effective detection range for individual installations will depend on antenna mounting height and location relative elevated terrain, buildings or objects that can interfere with reception. Detection range may also fluctuate due to daily and seasonal variations in atmospheric conditions
- Map zoom function from 1200km (750mi) down to 25km (16mi)
- Concurrently running data archive Replay of past lightning activity can be used without affecting live lightning detection.
⚡ Sound and alarm features ⚡
- Configurable audible close storm or strike alarm, severe storm alarm, and severe storm cell alarm
- Configurable strike event alert and noise event sound
- Use WAV sound files for strike alerts and storm alarms
- The strike alert sound can be set to not trigger for lightning activity occuring outside a specific range
⚡ Data exporting ⚡
- Real-time FlashGate inter-process communication data feeds. Strike and storm tracking data is communicated to external applications (e.g. StormVue) live using Windows shared memory
- Built-in, user configurable timed screenshot of the entire user interface or the map area only
- User configurable timed FTP upload of screenshots and TRAC reports
- User configurable timed File Copy of of screenshots and TRAC reports. Instead of FTP-uploading to a web server you can choose to transfer the relevant export files to a different folder on your local disk or to a mapped network drive
- NexStorm archive repair and extraction command line nxutil software with lots of options included. This utility software enables conversion of binary NexStorm data archives to human readable CSV format for post-processing
⚡ Support ⚡
- In case you run into problems we offer first class software support over e-mail with rapid response times. In addition, our support forum with its hundreds of experienced NexStorm users contains a wealth of searchable information and is available around the clock
Go right 👉 over here 👈 to buy NexStorm in our webshop.