NexStorm Lite is a scaled down version of NexStorm lightning detection software for Boltek Corporation line of single point long range lightning detection systems.
|NexStorm Lite main window user interface|
This software is the official, Boltek endorsed replacement for their StormTracker, LD-250 and LD-350 lightning display software and is now being distributed with all Boltek lightning detectors
|Partial screenshot of NexStorm Lite in action|
NexStorm Lite is freeware and packs many of the advanced analysis and display features as well as the same accurate storm tracking algorithms found in the standard edition of NexStorm. It does not include any data sharing or Internet connectivity features, nor any of the bonus software included with NexStorm.
|Downloads - Current NexStorm Lite version: 18.104.22.1688
|Download NexStorm Lite with Boltek StormTracker PCI 32 bit device drivers|
|Download NexStorm Lite with Boltek StormTracker PCI 64 bit device drivers|
⚠️ Boltek LD-250/350 device drivers available separately. Users of LD-250/350 can download either 32 or 64 bit version and skip installing PCI drivers during setup. NexStorm Lite is a 32 bit application and will work on 64 bit systems as well
⚡ System requirements and features ⚡
- NexStorm Lite is supported on Windows 8 and 10, 32 or 64 bit, any Intel or AMD x86-x64 CPU, 4 GB RAM and sufficient disk space for storing archive data. For best performance we recommend Windows 10 Home/Pro/Enterprise, 32 or 64 bit.
- Supports the full line of Boltek long range detectors, including StormTracker PCI, LD-250 and LD-350
- Optimized CPU and memory usage will yield snappy performance even during the most intense thunderstorms
- Continuous data archiving for later replay, analysis and calibration
- Use any BMP or JPEG image as your background map
- For optimal presentation of lightning data, purchase the affordable Composite Vector Map which is customized for your location
- Antenna alignment correction, plus or minus 90° angular offset with one degree azimuthal resolution. Also includes X-Y swap for complete 180° reversal. The Boltek antenna can be mounted pointing in any direction and compensated for in NexStorm settings
- Three independent ranging calibration methods gives full control over the storm distance ranging calibration process
⚡ Analysis features ⚡
- TRAC (Thunderstorm Ranging and ACquisition) - Advanced function for for ranging and tracking individual storm cells. Features color coded storm cell target markers on the map based on lightning intensity. High accuracy locating of individual storm cells as well as quick storm characteristics overview with the point-and-click TRAC pop-up dialog
|TRAC storm cell tracking and analysis|
- A TRAC report dialog with detailed information about each storm cell that the software is currently tracking.
|TRAC report dialog|
- Accurate classification of Cloud-Ground (CG) and Intra-cloud/Cloud-cloud (IC) lightning types and polarities for Boltek PCI and LD-350 detectors using signal processing algorithms based on latest research findings in the field of lightning physics science
- Accurate close storm distance ranging. Average storm location accuracy inside 30 km (18 mi) distance radius for a well calibrated system is less than ±5 km (±3.1 mi). This is possible thanks to the sophisticated Noise Ranging Assist feature which measures the natural noise produced by thunderstorms
- Color coded display of historic data. Strikes aged up to 300 minutes can be displayed on the map and color coded in seven different colors representing time of occurence
- Optional Uncorrelated strikes filter will ignore sporadic strikes when plotting on the map, making the visualization much more understandable during intense lightning activity
- User selectable 15 to 120 minutes strike rate graph
- Display range up to 1200 kilometers (750 miles) radius. Effective detection range for individual installations will depend on antenna mounting height and location relative elevated terrain, buildings or objects that can interfere with reception. Detection range may also fluctuate due to daily and seasonal variations in atmospheric conditions
- Map zoom function from 1200km (750mi) down to 25km (16mi)
- Concurrently running data archive Replay of past lightning activity can be used without affecting live lightning detection.
⚡ Sound and alarm features ⚡
- Configurable audible close storm or strike alarm, severe storm alarm, and severe storm cell alarm
- Configurable strike event alert and noise event sound
- Use WAV sound files for strike alerts and storm alarms
- The strike alert sound can be set to not trigger for lightning activity occuring outside a specific range
⚡ Support ⚡
- First line support for NexStorm Lite is provided by Boltek (📧 Email: info at boltek.com).
To get the full set of features including data sharing, consider buying 👉 NexStorm advanced version 👈